TST Systems is committed to ensuring that the environmental impact of its day-to-day business is minimised as far as reasonably possible.
Our policy principals
We have developed an environmental policy that seeks to reduce the impact of our operations on the environment, to this end:
- We continually seek to reduce our wastage of packaging, paper and energy
- Our staff are encouraged to use public transport and reduce car mileage whenever possible
- We avoid the use of air transport for UK journeys and will use it only as a last resort
- Lights, desktop PCs and monitors are switched off overnight and weekends
- New equipment is sourced with energy efficiency as a key concern
- Long-life equipment is preferred over cheap disposable alternatives
- Staff are encouraged to propose ways in which our policy can be improved
- We offer customers “trade in” and “buy back” for excess or unwanted equipment supplied by us
- We have a full product recycling and reuse system to minimise equipment that is disposed of
- We are registered under WEEE and operate a WEEE compliant disposal regime
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
As TST Systems manufactures electronic systems and is a ‘producer’ of equipment that can potentially become WEEE we have developed further policies to ensure compliance with EU Directive 2002/96/EC Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment, more commonly known as “the WEEE directive”.
TST Systems is registered with the Environment Agency as a producer of electronic equipment under registration number: WEE/KJ0005ZR.
Electrical and electronic equipment should never be disposed of with general household waste but must be separately collected for their proper treatment and recovery – TST Systems has put a procedure in place to address this.
The crossed-out wheelie-bin symbol, placed on the product, reminds you of the need to dispose of the product correctly at the end of its life.
At the end of the life of your product please contact your distributor or managed service delivery partner for information on collection arrangements. TST Systems will assist in the recovery, recycling and reuse of many of the materials used in products that we manufacture.
Disposal of equipment
If you are a business user of equipment manufactured and supplied by TST Systems and the product has reached the end of it’s life there are two authorised routes to disposal of equipment:
1. Contact us directly to see if your equipment can be traded-in, purchased back or upgraded
2. Contact the WeeeCare helpline on 0844 800 2004 and quote account number 136208. WeeeCare have been instructed to act on the behalf of TST Systems to establish if the product has been manufactured by TST Systems and will then arrange collection and disposal.
Once retrieved all recyclable components will be re-used, therefore limiting the impact of environmental waste.
Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS)
Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) is European legislation that mandates that manufacturers should, wherever possible eliminate hazardous substances, particularly heavy metals such as Cadmium and Lead, from electronic assemblies and equipment.
TST Systems has worked closely with its component suppliers, and based on the information provided, our products do not contain substances covered by the RoHS legislation at levels over the maximum concentration values and hence our products are RoHS compliant.